Friday 24 April 2015

The New Guys

Some  pictures to celebrate Spring, which has come in early and lusty this year to the area around my home village.

Up and under
A lamb suckles on a farm overlooking the Creedy Valley

Devon Bank
Wild primroses beside the byway leading down to Shaky Bridge.

Spring Greens

Lush lawns, leafing trees and budding gardens in West Sandford


Bursting
A horse chestnut bud, Sandford Millennium Green

Flotilla
A dozen ducklings on the pond, Sandford Millennium Green.



Wood Anemones
A common wild flower in these parts, I'm happy to say.

The not-so-new guy and the positively old guy
Me and him at Shaky Bridge (pic by Annie B).

Bliss
I love the expressions of the ewes centre left and bottom right.


Hi there
Confident lambs walk towards the man with a wolf on a string. 



Quiet flows the Creedy
Now the winter swells have fallen, the doggy playground of Creedy Beach has been revealed, albeit altered by the surge of the river.



The Promise of Summer

The entrance to a garden, with glimpses beyond, is always fascinating. This is West Sandford; the cobble setts are quite common in the parish
  

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Ray... I have been thinking of you as I have gone through my second reading of Pip's books. I wanted to let you know how much she meant to me. I loved her stories, I loved her voice. I wrote her a couple of fan letters back in 2005 and she wrote back on one of her lovely little cards decorated with a rose. As I recently re-read her books, I thought of you. It seems that I ought to let you know that she is still touching people with her lovely humor, her brave sadness and her deep sense of the right thing to do. Grief is a funny old thing. I know how physical it is as I lost my husband suddenly three years ago. I respect the way you worked at handling the loss. I am so sorry for your loss. I just wanted to let you know that I think of her with appreciation and respect. And... I love the photos you posted here. sincerely, trish kuleto

    ReplyDelete